Step 4. F

Friday 15 August 2014

Recipe of the week: Quinoa Salad


This weeks recipe is by far one of my most favourite new simple recipes. I will say beforehand to cook a batch of quinoa (which can be used for days for salads, or breakfast dishes). I didn't have any quinoa pre-cooked, so before dinner time came, and while I was reading blogs I cooked 
  • 1 cup of quinoa
  • 2 cups of water
  • a splash of coconut oil
  • Himalayan salt. 
It cooks just like rice if you've never cooked with it before, so it takes 20 minutes in a pot with a lid. Once its cooked I will take the lid off, and use a fork to fluff up the quinoa before I let it cool a bit with the lid off.


After reading my blogs for the day I took out a nice big salad bowl, and filled it half way with salad greens that I had in my fridge.

                  

Next I took out everything I wanted for the salad

  • 4 radishes
  • 3 inches of cucumber
  • 1 handful of blueberries
  • 5 slices of turkey bacon
  • 1 cup of cooked quinoa
  • Extra virgian olive oil
  • Balsalmic vinegar
  • Himalayan salt, and my pepper grinder for some fresh pepper 

                  

Mmm, my guilty pleasure- turkey bacon!

                 

Here's my cooled quinoa

                 


                  

Once I chopped up my veggies, and cooked bacon I added it all to the bowl of greens

                  

I don't really measure how much olive oil or balsalmic I use because you either like your salad really saucy, or a bit on the drier side, so I'll leave that to your discretion. 

Salt and pepper to taste.

Here's the final product! It was incredibly yummy, and when I served it to my son he had a great big smile on his face :)

Hope you enjoy! 

                 

5 comments:

hayleyeszti said...

Delicious!!!

Unknown said...

It was! I hope you get to try it :)

themaskedlion said...

Looks amazing! Will have to try this out :) x

www.michelle-leanne.blogspot.com

Only Yesterday Blog said...

Love this very healthy while still being able to eat bacon <3

Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yes! Why not add a little bit of goodness for such a healthy meal? I always get the salt reduced turkey bacon too. Somehow that makes me feel even more kickass about it haha!

Hope you enjoy the simple recipes I post every week :)