Step 4. F

Wednesday 13 August 2014

The Self Care Series: Part I




Today's post is going to be fairly short. This move that we're doing, along with having my grandmother in town is taking a lot of my time. Lovingly, I am with my grandmother, as she is helping me finally pick out my upgraded engagement ring! I'm thinking today- if I can make it happen to either keep looking for a ring, or maybe even window shop for my wedding dress! Oh, did I mention we are getting married in April (more on that on a later post, let the wedding blogs begin!)?

So todays post is on Meditation like I promised last week. The reason I wanted to share meditation with you is because I know the mass amounts of reasons of why it is good for you; mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

What I do know, is that a lot of people tend not to meditate- including myself. For the last two years my life has solely revolved around my son, and my fiancee. At moments I'd have people comment on how "parenting is a form of meditation", but it just didn't feel the same as sitting peacefully by myself with nothing at all to think about.

So here I am, re-entering this world of peace, space, self care, and health.

Oddly enough, I signed up for Oprah & Deepak Chopra's 21 day meditation that started just 2 days ago! What a coincidence, especially since this post is on meditation.

The meditations are based around Expanding Your Happiness. The recordings are about 20 minutes in total, with the meditations lasting about 9-10 minutes after Oprah introduces the subject, and Deepak talks about it more in depth before you actually have to close your eyes. Its incredibly easy, even if your a Mama like me. And if your not a parent? Well, then you have no excuse! Right? 

I'm kidding! Life gets busy, I know! But, I'm sure if you knew it helps you to de- stress, increases your immune system, balances emotions, helps with skin issues like psoriasis and eczema, helps to clear your mind for optimal mental health, among many other wonderful benefits. 

The benefits don't stop when you open your eyes, it stays with you throughout your day- what a bonus!

If you want to look into more information on the health benefits, come check this out

If you really feel short on time (and you have an IPhone), look into one of my favourite apps called 5 min relaxation. Before the 21 day meditation started I only put 5 minutes aside for meditation just in the last week. Any time you put in will be beneficial!

So why not give it a shot? What do you have to loose?

I'd still love to hear your thoughts on any ideas for the last 1-2 weeks of this self care series. Is there something you'd like to me to cover? See what I plan on covering here, and drop me a line by signing into your google account, or use the open ID in the comment section just below.

Thanks! Guess my post wasn't so short after all, was it? Time to start the day, and I hope you have a good one!



The photo above is used courtesy of adamr/ freedigitalphotos.net

No comments: