Step 4. F

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Quick 20 minute recipe

Last week on a beautiful, sunny day in Vancouver, I decided while cleaning my home that I needed to refuel, so I needed a simple lunch idea. This one took me about 20 minutes to make.

I needed something really quick, so I could continue to focus my energy on spring cleaning. If your like me, and want to eat healthy, but also like simplicity I urge you to try out this recipe!

Here's what you need:

2-3 Chicken thighs
1 tsp for each pan of Coconut oil
1/2 c. Bread crumbs (I use gluten free)
1/3 c. Flour (I'm using what I have on hand for gluten free which is potato flour
3 handfuls of Spinach
2 cloves of Garlic
handful of Nut or seed of choice (I'm using pinenuts)
Salt & pepper to taste
Seasoning of choice (I'm using "no salt added- table shake seasoning")

And sliced avacado on the side (I need to use mine up, so whatever is on hand- use)



If you want to bake- preheat the oven to 350f, and bake for about 30 mins. Or warm on medium heat a large and small pan. For my "quickness" I'm frying the thighs. 

Throw the flour and bread crumbs in a bowl with salt pepper and seasoning. Mix and add rinsed thighs to coat. Put into oven or frying pan with a tsp. of coconut oil. 

As the chicken cooks, put about 3 big handfuls of spinach into the large pan with a tsp of coconut oil salt and pepper. Put a lid on the spinach to steam. 

While the chicken and spinach is cooking press garlic, and add to spinach with a touch more salt and pepper (I find when I layer the seasoning it seems to balance the flavour in steaming the spinach). Mix spinach, and put lid back on for another minute or so- until wilted. 

Slice avocados, and place food on plate with the rest of the food (I decorated my dish with pinenuts)




I wanted to add my reason for using coconut oil. Coconut oil is heat stable, so it's very safe to use over other oils (even my favourite olive oil) for cooking- along with an array of awesome healthy benefits and uses.

Enjoy! 


No comments: