Step 4. F

Tuesday 22 July 2014

All about me

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself before my titles in life.

My way of living is simple, gentle, and I am constantly finding more happiness in life, but you'll also find the flip side of me who is constantly seeking adventure and I absolutely love travel (watch me through this coming year as I hit up some rad countries- 'travel blog' section to come very soon!).

Living a simple life is not always easy, but that's what life is for- learning. I tend to see the glass half full- meaning I can see things from a lighter perspective on most days- and I think that's a great quality to have. I love writing and after 29 years I have finally started delving into this aspect of my life.

Some of my titles include; mother, fiance (of 3 years and counting), and student of life. I dropped out of school at around the age of 15 and lost my way, but I've been building my own foundation since then. 

I like to think my lighter perspective has taken me out of some pretty deep holes in life. I call them "my light bulb moments". These have been pivotal moments that changed my life forever. 

Since the age of 15 I graduated high school, became a cosmetologist- meaning I am a fantastic hairstylist, and used to do some pretty killer facials and massages in my time. I then took half a year off after realizing what a shallow life I was living. I wanted something deeper, something really meaningful, but I ended up going so stir crazy from boredom that I jumped into university to try and make a career out of my outdoor hobbies. So I completed a sport & recreation management diploma. Don't ask me what I would've done with that, I didn't know. If you were to ask one of my siblings, or my father they still wouldn't remember what the hell I went to university for. I loved river rafting, adventure, water sports but I just didn't know what to do with myself.

Thank God for honesty. I had a professor and teacher who guided me to the light. They told me to complete my diploma, but to look in my actual field.. what was my field? 

Wellness. Wellness is where my life changed drastically. I attended a private wellness college and became a certified life coach and wellness counsellor. What I got out of it was a better me.

I stopped taking shit from everyone around me. Built boundaries, and created a life that I wanted for myself.

Since then my life looks brighter, happier and more profound everyday. I am so blessed to be able to follow this blogging career while raising my son at home. The balance isn't always easy, but I like to follow my sons lead as much as I can. 

I strive for health, happiness, lots of adventure and travel when I can find it and healthy life hacks all over the place, and I want to share all of that with you.

No comments: