Step 4. F

Thursday 10 July 2014

Road Trip!- Healthy Snack Food

Once again, we are on our way to Lytton BC for some good 'ol relax time, as well as our rescheduled rafting trip that's finally happening this Saturday which I talked about in River Rafting Excursions in Lytton BC   We are very lucky that we may actually be making the very last weekend of my favourite Nahatlatch river run with Fraser River Raft Expeditions! They may run one more time next week but it depends on river levels. 

My giddy little heart is ready, ready, READY to go! 

I think the little girl part of me is finally growing up as I made sure I was home today to finish up the last of my laundry, and prep some food for the 3 hour trip to my grandparents- usually I come home about an hour before we leave to do a stressful last minute pack for the 3 of us  :) But not today!  

I prepared fresh fruit, vegetables, hummus, almond butter, and my favourite kale chips for the trip. My heart is so fond of kale chips. They're super easy to make, and a delicious way to get some greens into a little family on the road. 

The kale bunch was bought at Save On Foods this past week on sale for .99 cents and made the amount equivalent to a big bag of Lays chips. 

Oven prepped at 350f degrees 
2 tbsp of coconut oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Bake for 10-12 minutes






May I say YUM?!!

Another delicious healthy snack for road trips are Crunchy Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Chick Peas done by Sally's Baking Addiction. The way she makes this snack is by far my top favourite! Try it out for kids snacks etc. You can also try it with different flavours like salt and cayenne, and salt and pepper. 

For those of you who are waiting for little hints of my wedding I PROMISE I'll post tomorrow about it ;)

No comments: