Step 4. F

Thursday 24 July 2014

Just do it!

This photo is courtesy of thinkforphotop/ freedigitalimages.net


Today I'd like to share with you a little part of my life. I like to read- did you know that? I'm a major geek at heart, and its something my sweetie loves about me. Apparently he's 

"the cool one" 

and I'm 

"the geek"

My way of enjoying life is singing, dancing, reading and writing. All of which require me to never have to leave the confines of my cozy little home. I love my home. Its not like I stay home a lot, as living in the city makes for such a busy lifestyle. 

I'm out and about with my son constantly. But as an introvert my way of recharging is being at home- its something I've recently accepted about myself 

I am me 

Big revelation, right? Not really. I can't change me. 


This was taken on a road trip with a friend along the Oregon coast


Accepting this has given me more opportunity to figure out what works for me. I love writing. And apparently it shows. I've been approached for the third time to write a book. Its nerve racking! Its nerve racking because fear gets in the way. But if I really think about it, I blog. I share myself with people all over the world every week. So I'm negotiating with myself on a daily basis 

"If I can do this, I can write a book!". 

My goal is to sit down and make a game plan. I have no idea where to start. But I'm just gonna do it. That's what I live by 

"Just do it" 

If you've been reading my blog for a little while, you must know this about me by now.

I went to Mexico recently and in the spur of the moment I decided to jump in- literally. I have a severe fear of dark water. I have an issue with not having control over situations around me. But an opportunity came up where I was able to go snorkelling. I said "why not?". If I even thought about it for a moment I wouldn't have done it. What I'm doing with my writing career is I'm thinking too much about it- wondering how I'll "make it perfect", and where I'll find the time to do it. Not only did I snorkel once in Mexico, I did twice more after that, and my last trip before leaving was with sea turtles- the most magical experience of my life! If I had reached my arm out I could've touched that big, beautiful majestic creature in front of me. Its something I will remember for the rest of my life, and its because I took the leap. I will now jump into the sea of writing where I feel happy, and content. I love connecting with people through my writing, and I love talking to you. 

I guess this is also a thank you. Thank you for reading. Please follow me on Bloglovin'. There is a button on the left side of the page, right under "All about me". You can receive emails right to your inbox anytime I write new content. I'll keep you posted on the book writing too! With such a little ball of energy (aka: my son) I'm going to assume that my book will take some time to get through. I'm already working on my blog on a daily basis, and its not something I'm willing to put on the back burner, as blogging is my fuel for creativity.

Please keep reading, and I will keep writing. You have no idea how wonderful it is to have such a great, supportive audience. Thank you!

No comments: