Step 4. F

Thursday 8 May 2014

Back in Vancouver

Well, now that we're back home it's time to feel healthy again. I'll admit I had one, or two burgers sent to my room for dinner (I ate maybe just a tiny smidgen of the bread), and a few margaritas for Cinco De Mayo during the days with lunch (that's a complete excuse). I will also admit to feeling nutritionally depleted on one day -so I had a salad. 

Still, I'm ready for some good ol' smoothies, and dark leafy greens to feel energized. I'm happy as can be back home with my baby. How much I missed his face, hugs, kisses and snuggles. Nothing will ever beat being with this kid. 



I was listening to Marie Forleo on a Super Soul Sunday episode before I left Las Vegas. She talked about doing EVERYTHING with passion. We think we need to find it, and that's just not the case -according to Marie- she says to exercise it like a muscle, and put passion into everything that we do, so I vowed that day, as we left Vegas, to do just that. 

I must admit, I started off really strong. I passionately ironed the last clean, wrinkled dress I had for the trip, and brushed my teeth as passionately as I could, but as the day went on I got tired. It IS like exercising a muscle!

To be passionate, you must exercise that feeling like a MUSCLE!
- Thanks Marie!

So I will keep up this fantastic practice and put forth more passion to my morning. Because I usually wake up with the first thought of 

"uuhhh, I'm tired" 

And of course, I figured this out after reading some good ol' "The Desire Map". How did I wake up? Feeling exhausted. What did that do to me? It took me a looong time to wake up and get my ass outta bed every morning. How do I WANT to feel? Alive, refreshed, rested, and ready for the day! So tomorrow morning I will wake up with enthusiasm and passionately start off my day by making my bed, and preparing breakfast for Toli and I before we head out for a walk, and go to his toddler dance class.

Here's a smoothie that is one of my current favourites that I've been obsessed with for the past few weeks- so I'm gonna stay simple, and hop back on the health train with a smoothie.
I call this one my

Simple Green Energizing Smoothie

1 banana 
1 cup of blueberries
1 rib of celery
1 tsp of spirulina
1 cup of water
2 tbsp of hemp protien
2 tbsp of chia seeds



Try it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments: