Step 4. F

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Follow Your Heart

Do you know what you really want? And if you do, are you truly following that want? 

I can say that I was not. 

I'd become more, and more inspired the longer I waited for my new book, "The Desire Map" by Danielle LaPorte- who is a Canadian bred 'inspirer'. I was just itching to read her book! So while I waited (impatiently I may add), I watched her videos on her website, and Youtube.

(This is a more current photo of me finally enjoying her book with a cup of tea)

On her website daniellelaporte.com she has a video, and in that video she asks if your doing what you want, and if you aren't then 

STOP!

 Why? Because what will you really achieve if you aren't?

Maybe your driven by money, or love, or happiness which I talk about in Life changes, whatever drives you, are you doing it? Are you TRULY happy with your life as we speak? 

I started to feel like I was working too hard, like what I was doing wasn't for me. Something deep inside of me was telling me it wasn't right anymore. 

So I stopped...

I'm not gonna say that looking into just this one book (that I hadn't even read yet) changed my life, but it sure did help me listen to that very quite voice in the deepest part of me that was asking me to 

STOP!

And so I did.

Now I'm writing. 

I don't think you know how freeing it is to have finally come to a place in my life where I'm actually doing what I've been dreaming of- or maybe you do know how freeing it is, maybe you took that step already. I never gave myself the opportunity to write before. Yes, I've journaled on and off since I was a teenager, but I haven't written like this.

To be honest with you, I didn't think I had it in me. There was always that daydream 

"God I'd love to write!"

THAT was my inner calling. That was my desire. And yet I was scared as shit to follow it! Because I had another part of me that would say right after that 

"what would you write about?" (in a very critical voice I may add)

Oh the inner turmoil I had for years! I cannot tell you how long I've been back and forth. But I'm so glad that I took the plunge. Everyday, everyDAY I have constant ideas flowing through me, most of them I catch now that I'm writing more regularly.

Are you doing what you want with your life? If you aren't, I highly suggest looking into The Desire Map. It doesn't have to be a career change (or maybe that's what you really want), or a divorce (unless you want that). It could be that you want to feel happiness everyday, because you know what? That's a pretty awesome goal!

There are 2 goals I'm working on as we speak- Priorities to be exact

  1. To spend quality time with my son everyday
  2. To post my work 4 times a week

You would think the first goal would be a given, seeing as how I have the privilege of staying home with my son, but I've been dealing on and off with adrenal fatigue which can make it hard to do much. 

As for writing, I write almost daily, and post 4 times a week- if not more. 
I started with a list of about 8-10 goals I wanted to achieve, and since reading this article How to Be More Consistent (by Terri Cole) it helped me to simplify- I was intrigued by this article because I love simplicity, and hadn't thought to simplify my goal list. My old list is stored away to be looked at at a later date once I feel like I've accomplished my 2 goals (which are currently being worked on successfully as we speak).

So I want to leave you with this, whatever it looks like, in any shape or form it takes

Follow your heart, where ever it takes you

Because your heart knows the way.

No comments: