Step 4. F

Monday 19 May 2014

Sleep, Eat, Repeat.

Today is one of those days where I just had to let go.

I read an article called "3 Tips to Help you Be Present" by Hayley Hobson the other day which really resonated with me as her daughter helps to keep her present, and 'in the moment' just like my son does.

This morning I woke up in sort of a daze, and lucky for me, my son wanted to hang out with me (so no sleeping in this morning). On a usual morning he wakes up and hangs out with his grandfather and watches some russian cartoons, but not this morning. He insisted that Mama wake up, and watch "The Hive"- which is a cute little bee cartoon that he's really into right now with some cut up fruit I prepared to watch the show with. I warmed some matcha with almond milk, and a little bit of raw sugar (I usually use honey like this recipe here, but I'm currently out).



I'm not gonna lie, we watched quite a bit of "The Hive" this morning, but my body just needed to relax. Once we finished our apples and mangos I began making my homemade, gluten free, dairy free, egg free pancakes with organic maple syrup. Completely delicious! 

Monday's are usually "Monday Toli Day", so I tried to keep with the pace as Toli pointed outside at the park so I asked him if he wanted to go, but he didn't seem to want to go anywhere either (thank you!). So we just cuddled and talked about what was outside while the morning left us. We ended up in the bedroom cuddling where he fell asleep on my back.

Today, we both needed rest it seems, and I'm glad we were on the same page. I can be hard on myself when the routine is broken, but on days like today I'm sure glad that I gave myself permission to just 'be' with my son, and listen to my body.

I usually hear people say how they feel a cold coming on, like an itchy throat, or a runny nose. A submission to the germs. There was one teacher in my Wellness College who said she never got sick, naturally I was intrigued so I found out as much as I could about it and the gist of the story is

Listen to your body.

If your feeling tired, take a nap! If you feel an itchy throat or a runny nose coming- drink water, take it easy, and eat for your health. I know most people work, so if you do, and you can't take a mid- day nap- go to bed early! Our bodies have the capacity to stay healthy if we let them guide us. 

So yes, the motion of my day was 

Sleep, Eat, Repeat.

And now I'm sitting here feeling quite well after my nap. The house is clean, peaceful, my son is still sleeping, and I am blogging with a nice cup of organic liquorice tea by Traditional Medicinals that is a wonderful immunity booster for my body.







No comments: