Step 4. F

Saturday 10 May 2014

One of those days

Life can't always be peaches and cream. 

Yes, today is one of those days that I am wishing to be over. So instead of lulling over it, I took a nice, long, hot shower to ease the stresses of the day.

There are a lot of ideas floating around in my head today, and suggestions about topics to write about. But today is just not one of those days to start it. Today I need to do some good self care- which I've started by taking a shower, and now blogging.

Here are 5 things I do to unwind from a crappy day:

  1. Take a shower, or a luxurious bath if you have time! It'll do wonders for your skin, and stress (which I  talk about in Take a Time out- For Yourself!)
  2. Clean. This article "7 Feng Shui Tips to Boost Happiness and Vitality this Year" (read step 2. especially) talks about how how having a clear space is beneficial to ease stress. I've been working on making my bed every morning, and picking up everyone's clothes off the floor before making breakfast. And the blinds in my home are never closed. I love light! It can be an instant pick me up if feeling tired or low.
  3. Get lost in a novel. This is one of my fav's to do! Usually if I'm feeling tired, or irritated from my day I'll read- once I put Toli to bed at night to unwind.
  4. Call up a friend, and chat over tea or a glass of wine- again, another fav.
  5. Write it out. Sometimes we can get so stuck in our heads about what is happening, which can fester, and stir up emotions. A good way to get it out is to write it out! Do some art, or talk. You could do whatever feels more natural to you. Maybe you like to dance, and that would help. Who knows? Its yours for the making!
Are there any methods that you find tend to work for you best? 

Hope this can help you out on a not so pleasant day. Next on my list now that I've started in self care mode is to eat. So I'm off to my favourite pasta place Basil Pasta Bar.

No comments: